Our Elementary Guidance Program exists to provide support and resources for students, staff, and parents. Target areas include personal, social, and emotional growth, as well as educational planning. The counselor’s primary responsibility is to help elementary students make the best of their educational and social opportunities at SCS.
Guidance activities include individual and group counseling, classroom guidance lessons, standardized testing coordination, monitoring of grades, and the implementation of community programs. The counselor strives to present all information from a Christian perspective. Parents are welcome to call or visit the Guidance Office at any time.
Monthly Guidance Lessons
Guidance lessons are taught monthly in each kindergarten through 5th grade classroom and focus on the following topics:
- Kindergarten – Friendship, Manners, & Safety
- 1st Grade – Feelings & Self-Awareness
- 2nd Grade – Diversity & Promoting Positive Relationships
- 3rd Grade – Conflict Resolution (Young Peacemakers curriculum)
- 4th Grade – Career Exploration & Online Safety
- 5th Grade – Character Education & Leadership