Our lower school is committed to fostering a positive and engaging learning environment that keeps kids wanting to run through our doors each day! Lower school teachers and instructional assistants are committed to building positive relationships with each child and getting to know his or her individual strengths so that learning can be personalized and each child can grow and advance in his or her learning. Our curriculum promotes instructional rigor, and biblical integration is a priority in all content areas.
Kindergarten Age Eligibility:
Age is a factor used to determine admission for students entering Kindergarten, to maintain compliance with the Maryland State Department of Education for kindergarten readiness. Our experience has shown that children are generally more successful academically and socially throughout their educational career when these guidelines are followed.
Kindergarten: Age 5 by September 1 of current school year
Lower School Program Highlights:
- Daily encore classes such as Art, Music, Library, Physical Education, and Technology
- Weekly chapel
- Fun and educational field trips
- S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) education integration
- After-school clubs (examples include Robotics Club, Cooking Club, Art Club, Friendship Group, National Elementary Honor Society)
- Special programs and events throughout the year (community service, Family S.T.E.A.M. Night, Read-In Day, etc.)
- The potential to establish friendships that will last through 12th grade and beyond!